Monday, August 22, 2011

Glass painting/fusing


Oh I love being an artist! Wear my heart out on my sleeve...

This is the process...









Start with a depressing (or perhaps happy) picture of yourself, sketch from photo or mirror than redraw simplified in glass, I use glassline...


Start glueing bits of glass down



Into the kiln



Her skin color and shirt are covered in glass frit this is the reverse of ultimate piece....




And we have failure! Well maybe not completely I am thinking that the sides pushed in because there was not enough glass on top. I piled on more brown frit and put an off white piece of glass behind it and back into the kiln it went. It will deform even more- I have no idea what will happen and I won't be able to check on it for at least 12 hours. So I will wait ....

1 comment:

  1. So many steps to disappointment, but I think the tile looks great just not like you perhaps intended. It will be interesting to see the next result.

    ReplyDelete